Thursday, January 12, 2017

HGUC Hizack Mini Review



So you may notice that despite my decent amount of kits, I had not built a Zaku variant yet. I just wasn't interested enough to get one, and I still need one in the collection. Still, I had to get my favorite upgrade of the Zaku, the Hizack. I knew the kit was dated, and I knew it wasn't a very good one, still I got it because I loved the Hizack.




As a kit, I think it's a good enough HG for the time and price, while it's nothing fantastic and misses a few color apps, it's a decent representation of the MS. I'd say the worst parts of the kit are the stickers on the toes, and lining the tubing of the MS it's a mostly fine and simple build otherwise. Articulation is limited due to age, he can pull of simple posing but that's about it, I also do recommend a stand for this guy. He comes with his shield and his rifle and that's it, the MS itself comes with a lot more weapons, but this kit only comes with the bare bones of accessories.




Verdict:

The HGUC Hizack is quite a dated HG kit and it shows, it's really not the most impressive HG, and it doesn't do a whole lot either. Articulation is clearly hindered, partially due to age, partially due to the Hizack's design, but overall it does the job. Accessories are barebones, you get what you'd expect for basic displays, but the kit could've had a bit more considering all the stuff the Hizack had used in Zeta. If given a choice between this and the MG, i'd go for the MG easily as it fixes most of my problems with this kit. I'd only recommend this kit if you have to own a 1/144 scale Hizack, and if you do, I recommend that you put in the work to fix the seamlines and color apps. OOB, this kit is not the best out there, and the MG is a far superior alternative, but it can have the potential if you're willing to put in the work.

Pros:

- Very cheap for the price.
- Quite a decent amount of surface detail for an old HG.

Cons:

- Could've come with more accessories. (!)
- Seamlines are quite bad.
- Articulation isn't very good, but it's not the worst i've seen.
- Monoeye doesn't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment