Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Deylo SD BB Senshi Freedom Gundam [Gold Parts Ver.]



Now, way back in the day, I didn't understand nor liked the idea of SD's. I mean, they're cheap and all but they look dumb, have so many missing color apps, don't pose, and aren't very complex either. I saw them as Gunpla for kids and nothing more. However I slowly got more curious about SD's, and decided to get this kit to try them out. Yes I was aware I bought a bootleg, I had bought it mainly because I didn't care for SD's at the time, so I didn't want to spend any more than $3 on one. That and it had gold parts, lame gold but it had them. So after building my bootleg SD Freedom, what did I think of the kit?




The kit itself is a bootleg copy of the SD BB Senshi Freedom Gundam, only the blue runner had been molded in lame old instead. It has standard bootleg problems, plastic quality is in ABS and is lower, pegs don't fit as well, although credit to Jing Le for doing better than GaoGao at least. Sticker adhesive on the other hand is still bad, they do not like to stick, and due to being an SD, it has quite a bit. If you can use paint on this, use it. It's got average SD articulation, that being extremely limited mobility, and it's got a few hollow parts like those on the legs and plasma beam cannons in the wings. It also comes with a mini stand for SD kits like itself or others.




Verdict:

All in all, despite it's problems, I was quite pleased with this as my first SD. After this, I did not instantly go to my hobby shop to buy more SD's, but I actually built a few more bootlegs before moving onto the Bandai SD's, they grew on me, and this guy started the love. As a kit, this one's not that impressive, it's got typical bootleg issues, and similar problems to GaoGao's kits. However this kit has one saving grace, the lame gold. Yes, I do think the lame gold on this kit looks quite good, and it serves for a good novelty item. I'd still recommend the Bandai version unless you're interested in Da Ling's golden parts.

Pros:

- Certain parts are molded in gold. (!)
- Comes with an SD stand.
- Cheaper than the official thing.

Cons:

- Fitting of parts isn't very good, expect a bit of sanding.
- Seamlines are worse due to bootleg quality.
- Stickers don't like to stick, especially bad on the ones with rounded surfaces,
- Plastic is made of a cheaper ABS.

No comments:

Post a Comment