Tuesday, January 10, 2017

HGUC Char's Z'Gok Mini Review



Like a lot of people, one of my favorite characters is the legendary pilot Char Aznable. Going 3x faster in his red MS, and while the Sazabi is my favorite of his MS, I didn't want to buy the HG so I could save the spot for the MG Ver. Ka. So, for a representation of Char on my shelf, I decided to go for my second favorite of his MS, the Z'Gok. Now, I actually think Char's Z'Gok's red colorscheme fits the MS more than the blue, and this I personally prefer it. The Z'Gok is also my favorite amphibious MS, and when combined with the fact that the kit was cheap, I had to get it.




The kit itself is a good one for the time, there are a few seamlines here and there which you'll want to clear up, mainly in body and arms, monoeye is static and will not move, it's just a sticker on a black part, although the kit itself uses very little stickers, which is always a plus. I will also say that the nubs on this kit are not friendly due to the red plastic, and the me from 1 year ago had a lot of trouble with using the knife on this kit, as the plastic was hard and quite old, I cut myself quite a few times. Articulation is good, although due to the unique design of the MS, is not your typical articulation. Everything is segmented via ABS joints, and while i've been told a few times that the kit not being able to hold poses, I have not seen or had this ever happen.





Verdict:

The HGUC Char's Z'Gok is a fine little HG kit. It's not extremely impressive, yet it's a good value for the cheap price of 700 yen, and a very neat little HG kit as well. The nubs will be annoying to deal with due to the colors of the plastic, and the lack of a moving monoeye is a shame, still I cannot deny that I love my HGUC Char's Z'Gok, and that i'm happy to recommend it to anyone that wants an anime accurate representation of the MS.

Pros:

- Super cheap at 700 yen. (!)
- Uses only 2 stickers. (!)
- Quite articulate considering the strange design.
- Very sturdy for a kit, no loose joints or fuss.

Cons:

- Plastic colors are very susceptible to bad nubmarks. (!)
- Monoeye can't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment