Monday, July 16, 2018

I'm leaving, or at least I'm going to take a long break.

Now, some of you might not care and some of you might be surprised (I wouldn't be), but I think I'm going to be honest with myself and everyone.

Recently I've had a lot more trouble collecting stuff, I find building kits and buying figures isn't as fun or enjoyable as it used to be. At first I didn't know why and tried to continue doing what made me happy, but then I realised it was a mix of burnout and frustration. Burnout for obsessing with kits and figures too much, worrying about reviews and getting them as high quality as possible, being frustrated at myself to not be able to review or obtain a figure or kit due to reasons, and many other aspects I can name. I've gotten to the point where I can't enjoy a figure or be excited for one due to having the responsibility to constantly take images of and review them, and honestly the repeat process is very tedious.

I used to be able to do it due to passion and a want to share my opinions with kits and figures with everyone, but recently I haven't been able to do such a thing. So with that, I think I'm going to stop myself from letting this continue. There are some people who are a fan of my reviews and I'm sorry for disappointing future things I may have promised, and I'm sorry if I end up never coming back to this. I do have a backlog of review images, but I don't think I can continue any longer without further hurting the enjoyment I have with figures and items. The act of reviewing has just become too tedious and unenjoyable for me now from all the burnout and repetitiveness, so I think I'm going to put a halt on it's production for now.

I might return to reviewing in the future, possibly when I have a more dedicated workspace to make it easier, and budget to support that, and during that time I might consider making a few changes to my review formats to make it less of a pain for me to review things. But for now, I'm going to unfortunately have to put a pause for everything.

I'm sorry, and I hope people who were interested can forgive me.

- Manpig

1 comment: